Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Policeman

I got drunk and fell on the floor this morning
I got drunk and fell on the floor this morning
I got drunk and fell on the floor
It was good corn liquor and I want some more, this morning!
-verse from the old time song, "Policeman".

 

      My friend recently posted an old version of this song on facebook.  He tagged me and then wrote something about how the song was inspired by our adventure.  The lyrics are about a guy getting arrested so naturally people jokingly asked if we had a run in with the police.  Sorry but there is no exciting arrest story to tell.  The truth is we were just out gigging and this song just happened to pop into my head.  We both sang it throughout our adventure thus inspiring John to post it online.  John's posting inspired me to learn it so here it is.  I learned it by ear but it's a pretty simple tune so it didn't take long.  As usual it will be some time before I can sing and play this song at the same time.  When I can, I'll post an update.
      If you are curious about the old version that he posted (with lyrics) it is posted below.  As you can probably tell, the song is much better with a fiddle.  I need to find a fiddler player to jam with.  For an awesome modern version check out Blackwater Union's site.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment